Anniversary

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Colton's Birth Story

December 28th 2011
6:15 we arrived at the hospital.
7:45 Pitocin was started. I was already dialated to 3 cm and 70% effaced.
9:00 Doctor broke my water, 4 cm
At this point while we were waiting for something to happen we made our guesses on how Big Colton was going to be.
Aaron guessed he would be born at 4:38pm 8 lbs 8 oz. 21 inches long
I guessed he would be born at 3:23 pm 8lbs 7 oz 20 inches long
10:15 I decided I didn't want to be uncomfortable with my contractions any longer so I got my epidural.
12:45 Colton's heart rate dropped a little so they put me on oxygen and stopped the pitocin. Dialated to 6 cm.
2:30 Nurse came in to check me and said if I was ready to go we would start pushing since the Doc was right next door, well after my experience with Braxton I just assumed there was no way i would be ready to push yet. Well nurse said I was at 10 cm and that his head was right there. She was kinda funny she said " I'm not a baseball player and I don't catch so since the baby is so close we will wait for the doc to get here. " Dr. Osowo came in checked me and said ok we're ready to go.
I don't know if my nerves set in or if the room suddenly got really cold but i began to shake as they got everything ready.
1st contraction head was 1/3 of the way out
2nd contraction head was 1/2 way out
3 rd contraction I pushed for 4 seconds and the doc told me to stop. It scared me i figured the cord was wrapped around his neck, i think it was just a little but the next thing i knew Aaron was cutting the cord and Colton was here.
2:53 I met my little boy for the first time.
I got to enjoy my little boy for a while before they took him to weigh him
9 lbs 7.4 oz 21 inches long
No wonder I was beginning to be so uncomfortable I had a HUGE baby in me.
5:45 Braxton got to come meet Colton for the first time.
He is such a good big brother.
We are so blessed to have Colton in our home.
He truly was sent to us from Heaven.

No comments: